Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Eat More Pie

I don't have any pie and that's sad. However, I do have a friend who I hadn't been in touch with since the eighth grade or so (I promise this leads to pie). We recently reconnected and it turns out, she's as funny, smart, and genuine as she was back when we danced to Michael Jackson's Beat It in her living room. That's right - we were huge dorks.

When I asked her what her older brother Rod had been up these past years, she told me he owned a pie shop. That is so brilliant! I can't think of a better job. I love pie. Pie makes the hurt feel good (if I may boldly misquote Sammy Davis Jr.'s "Candy Man'). Blueberry, peach, Key lime, lemon chess - I wish I had some pie.

Unfortunately I'm on the wrong coast to stop into Dangerously Delicious Pies and order a pie or seven. But if you are in Baltimore, try to check it out. You can find more info at http://www.dangerouspies.com/. If you can't stop in, Rod will be showing off his pie-making skills on Paula Deen's show, Best Dishes, on the Food Network this Saturday, May 16th, at 11:30 a.m. Eastern time.

The triathlon training can wait another day - now go eat pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment