Friday, April 17, 2009

Traveling Ducks, Part One

Two mallard ducks have recently taken up residence at our suburban home. Somehow, this charming couple spotted our murky backyard pond and have decided to call it home, at least for the time being. This has delighted my little ones to no end. They are thrilled to see them splash in the pond every day and they watch out the window for hours. I admit, I like it too. They've transformed our '70s house in the burbs into a farm of sorts. The only thing better would be a gaggle of little ducklings, but I'm afraid the orange cat prowling the neighborhood would put an end to that. So for now, I'll just stare out the windows along with my kids, enjoying the family farm.






I just wonder what the ducks are thinking when they look back at us in the windows and see this:



No comments:

Post a Comment