Saturday, June 13, 2009

Ball of Confusion



Some people wake up each day and have a clear, peaceful mind that conjures up images of lotus flowers, singing birds, and baby deer prancing under rainbows. Me? My mind is a lot like this drawing that my daughter did. Little did she know just how precisely she was rendering my fuzzy, complicated head space. More often than I'd like to admit, I walk around with a cloud hovering over me and I feel like a Ball of Confusion, if I can quote Love and Rockets (and yes, I'm that old, which might explain some of the murkiness that is my mind). Lack of sleep, kids, three years without caffeine, and a general sense that the world is a scary place are all contributing factors.

So to all you out there who have clarity, organization, peace and the ability to wake up and see only sunbeams, dewey-eyed kittens, and gumdrops - well, I don't really know what to say. Maybe one day I'll join you. Or I could just turn to drinking double espressos and marvel at how a three year-old uncannily captured my true essence with a few determined scribbles. (Who am I kidding? I'm definitely going with the latter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment